It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a host of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the most savings out there. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to tell you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a number of bonuses that can help improve your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning in Thedford has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 519-296-4437.