With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can trim a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically raise your costs and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning expert complete air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system running at its best for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is running correctly and can identify potential issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 519-296-4437.