Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Thedford summertime, have the professionals at Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of unlawfully releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning today at 519-296-4437.