Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Thedford are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning in Thedford offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 519-296-4437 and keep cool this summer.