Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Thedford is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning in Thedford at 519-296-4437 today.