As warmer weather rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Thedford? Even if your air conditioning system is up-to-date or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system checked annually by a Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot small issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps spot little troubles before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine parts and complete a set of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into major troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and parts:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 519-296-4437 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.