As springtime starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Thedford? Particularly if your AC equipment is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine parts and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into large issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and components:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 519-296-4437 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.