As warmer weather begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Thedford? Even if your AC unit is up-to-date or was operating good last summer.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never anticipate to book any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your equipment inspected yearly by a Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning tech can help spot minor troubles before they become major malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly decrease your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up within your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy bill and over the long run, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps determine small problems before they lead to large, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely inspect parts and perform a cycle of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to locate issues before they create large troubles that cause an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is prepped to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your system is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the following locations and components:
- Total system order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Now with Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning
Now is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 519-296-4437 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to check our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.