During the cooler Thedford months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning right away if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Taylor's Heating & Air Conditioning at 519-296-4437 or schedule an appointment with us online.